Before starting the course
If you are interested in reading more information about the course, please see the Overview of the Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course.
You will need 1.5 to 2 hours total to complete this course. Please note that you can log out before completing the course, and when you log back in you can continue where you left off.
It is recommended that the Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course be completed online. To complete the Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course online, you must:
1. Have access to an up-to-date desktop or laptop with speakers (or headphones). The course can also be taken using a tablet. Smartphones are not recommended.
2. Ensure that your computer has the following technology:
- Up-to-date internet browser. We recommend Google Chrome or Safari.
- Acrobat Reader
3. Have access to a printer to print your Certificate of Completion at the end of the course. If you do not have access to a printer, you can save your certificate as a PDF and print it elsewhere.
Firewalls/email security settings
If you are taking the course at school, you may need to ask your IT/Administrator to add this site to your “safe” list in order to sign-up and access the Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course website.
To complete the course, you will need a computer with the latest versions of:
- An internet browser that supports HTML5 (you can download one by clicking on the icons below).
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Safari for this course.
- Acrobat Reader (download by clicking this link).
- A current email account.
When setting up your user account, you will be asked for an email address. A confirmation message will be sent to the email address you provide. You must be able to open the confirmation email message and click on the link to activate your account.
Users without an email account can set up a Gmail account at no cost. Click here for instructions
If running this course on Safari, make sure you are set to allow cookies. If you need directions on how to enable cookies, please click here.
- Tablet users
Make sure you are using a tablet that is up-to-date and supports HTML5.
- Smartphone users
We do not recommend taking the course on a smartphone.
- Audio volume controls on speakers, headsets, and earbuds
The Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course uses audio narration. You can control the volume of the course narration by using the volume controls on your computer or tablet.
Students taking the course in a classroom or library should use headphones or earbuds.
If you cannot use the course’s audio, you can still complete the course by reading the text on each slide.
You will need a printer to print your Certificate of Completion once you have passed the test. If you are working on a computer that does not have a printer, you can save the certificate as a PDF to print it from another computer.
High and Low Bandwidth Versions of the Course
Your YWRCC account will expire after 3 years, at which time you need to contact support at email@example.com to remove your old account to create a new account.
The high bandwidth course has audio and animation. It is the recommended version. Use the high bandwidth version if you have a high-speed internet connection.
The low-bandwidth course has audio, but no animation. Use the low bandwidth version for slower internet connections.
If you have technical trouble during the course, use the “About this Course” and “Help” features in the course’s menu bar to get help.
What if I cannot log in to the Youth Worker Readiness Certificate Course?
Live Chat at www.safemanitoba.com